Together We’re Making a Difference
Providing Food to Families in Need.
There are over 10,000+ individuals in West Seattle that live below the federal poverty level. The cost of living in Seattle is 49% higher than the national average which means many of our working families are seriously struggling to make ends meet.
2019 WSFB Fiscal Year Statistics
- We distribute over 1.95 million pounds of food and spent $374,570 on purchased food.
- 12,700 individuals, including 4,532 children and 1,698 seniors, in need of food and services counted on the WSFB at some time during the year with an average of 1,334 families weekly.
- We delivered food weekly to the homes of approximately 250 elderly and disabled individuals not able to make it to the food bank through our Mobile Food Bank Services.
- Our Backpack Program provided 455 school children at risk of hunger over the weekend with 13,500 packs of six kid-friendly meals weekly through 13 West Seattle schools.
- Our Pet Pantry distributed 25,000 pounds of pet food and accessories to clients to take care of their furry friends.
- $225,000 worth of baby food, formula, diapers, car seats, strollers, furniture, toys, clothing and other accessories were distributed to parents of infants and toddlers through our Baby and Child Corner.
- Our Community Connections Program helps the families we serve access additional information and services from dozens of partner organizations.
- Our Bookcase provided 10,969 books to the children and adults we serve to encourage healthy reading habits.
- 576 volunteers donated 25,908 hours of service to the food bank through our Volunteer Program. This would be equivalent to 12.5 full time employees!