West Seattle Food Bank Job Description
Administrative & Development Coordinator
The West Seattle Food Bank (WSFB) is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen the community through the power of neighbors helping neighbors, working to ensure all in our community have access to the essential necessities of living. The agency was established in 1983 and in March of 2020 merged with the West Seattle Helpline (WSH) to expand services. Primary services include distribution of food, financial assistance, clothes, and referrals for additional services and resources. The agency serves about 2,000 households every week. Service area is primarily in the southwest portion of Seattle (West Seattle). In addition to the above services the agency also assists with supplies for infants and children, pet food, and offers free books.
The Administrative and Development Coordinator reports to the Development Director but will also work closely with the Executive Director and other staff. This position will take a lead coordinating many administrative, communications, and fundraising functions. Ideal applicants are self-motivated, organized and can confidently manage multiple projects.
Development & Marketing
- Accurately enter donor gifts in the donor database, update donor information, generate tax receipts and assist in preparing reports;
- Prepare and send thank you cards and acknowledgements to donors;
- Organize and participate in additional donor appreciation activities and fundraising events;
- Coordinate with Development Director and Volunteer Coordinator regarding staffing and execution of fundraising and tabling events;
- Draft and post social media content to represent the values and mission of the organization;
- Assist with the production and editing of newsletters, announcements and mailings.
Administrative & Communication
- Prepare reports and data using Excel and track progress for projects;
- Prepare orders and maintain inventory of office supplies;
- Assist staff with basic technical support and problem solving;
- Assist with basic Human Resource functions;
- Manage incoming calls at the West Seattle Food Bank office, responding to questions or forwarding to other staff as needed;
- Take detailed notes and minutes during meetings, phone calls and events.
Preform other related development and administrative duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- English proficiency with proficiency in a 2nd language preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a team;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and virtual meeting software;
- Demonstrated database experience and skills (experience with a CRM database desired);
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment;
- Ability to take direction, manage projects independently, and work accurately under a deadline to produce clear organized reports and documents;
- Passion for West Seattle Food Bank’s mission to end hunger and homelessness.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required;
- Two years’ experience in non-profit, administration or related field;
- Experience working with Constant Contact or other email service;
- Experience in social media and digital marketing.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary $20 – $24 per hour DOE
- Medical/dental; 401K plan; paid holidays, vacation days, and personal leave
- Full time non-exempt, some weekends and evenings required
Equal Opportunity Employment, Equity and Inclusion
West Seattle Food bank is committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for this position with your resume to Executive Director, Fran Yeatts, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be prepared to provide 3 professional references during our interview process. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check on each new employee.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.