Community Resources

For urgent needs or services outside of West Seattle, please call 211 for Crisis Connections.

Client Service Coordinator

Need resources in addition to those offered at the West Seattle Food Bank?

The Client Service Coordinator can assist with navigating community resources. Resources can be provided in areas including Energy/Utility assistance, Food, Job Readiness, Education, Childcare, Healthcare, Transportation and more. Contact the Client Service Coordinator for referrals to available resources, application assistance, and more information.

General Resources


● Within Reach: call 1-800-322-2588 for food stamp or health care applications, in-home parent support programs, early learning, WIC and more. Visit

● Childcare Aware: assists in finding child care providers, child care financial assistance, alternative care, and more. Call 800-446-1114 or email

● City of Seattle: check eligibility at

Computers and Internet:

● Internet Essentials from Comcast: eligible families can apply for internet for $9.95 per month. Apply online at

● Discounted computers/internet: or InterConnection (206-633-1517).

● 3R Technology: low-cost recycled computers and laptops. Call 206-472-6383.


● Babies of Homelessness: homeless families can get help. Call 866-442-6443.

● Mary’s Place Front Door Program: multiple locations for free diapers call 206-621-8474.

● Seattle Public Schools Family Support Program: for families with kids in SPS. Call 206-252-0950.

Domestic Violence:

● National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233 or text LoveIs to 22-522

● New Beginnings 24-Hour Helpline: 206-522-9472

● DAWN 24-Hour Hotline: 425-656-7867

● King/Snohomish/Pierce Deaf VideoPhone: 206-812-1001

● For immigrants/refugees, call ReWA at 206-721-0243; for API & South Asian people call API Chaya at 1-877-922-4292


● Hiring websites: for PCC (grocery stores) use or for airport jobs apply at or call 206-787-7501.

● WorkSource: partnership of state and nonprofit agencies providing employment and training services. Visit or call 206-436-8600.

● Ready to Work for support for immigrants and refugees, call 206-695-7553.


● Use Buy Nothing groups on Facebook or

● St. Vincent de Paul: provides vouchers to St. Vincent de Paul thrift stores to buy furniture, beds, and other household items. Call 206-767-6449.

Legal Assistance: directory of legal resources, including free or reduced legal help.

● Neighborhood Legal Clinics: free legal advice. Clinic times and locations are at:

Medical Assistance:

● Community Health Access Program: assistance with health insurance enrollment, medical or dental referrals, and more. Call 800-756-5437.

● Washington HealthplanFinder: free or reduced-cost insurance at Covers doctor’s appointments, emergency care, and more. Call 855-923-4633.

● Affordable help: At NeighborCare, fees start at $20 for eligible patients. Patients will not be denied services if unable to pay, including dental. Call 206-548-5710. At Sea-Mar Community Health Center, find affordable rates and Spanish-speaking practitioners by calling 206-764-4700.

Refugee or Immigrant:

● Northwest Immigrants Rights Project: for legal help call 206-587-4009 or visit

● Spanish speakers: El Centro De La Raza (206-957-4647), Villa Comunitaria (206-767-7445), Amigos de Seattle: 206-471-4482, Consejo Counseling and Referral Service (206-461-4880), El Comité (833-326-6483).

● Asian Community: Asian Counseling and Referral Service (206-805-8981), Helping Link (206-568-5160), Korean Community Service Center (425-776-2400), Chinese Information Center (425-410-6411).

● African Community: Horn of Africa Services (206-760-0550), East African Community Services (206-721-1119), Somali Youth and Family Club (425-207-8297), West African Community Council (206-349-0892).


● Hopelink Transit Resource Line: support with local shuttles, volunteer drivers, trip plans, medical transport and more. Leave a voicemail at 425-943-6760.

● ORCA Lift: reduced fares for adults. Call 206-553-3000 or apply at There is a free annual pass for riders receiving TANF, SSI, HEN and more, call 206-323-6336.


●United Way of King Country (EPRA) Waitlist:

If you live in King County or the city of Seattle, rent help is here. Limited funds are now available to help King County residents with much-needed rental assistance.

  1. Step 1: Get on the list now. Fill out the form and find out if you qualify.
  2. Step 2. If you’re eligible, a United Way staff member will contact you to get your application started.

● St. Vincent de Paul, helpline is open 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday at 206-767-6449

● Eviction/foreclosure support: renters call Eviction Defense line, 855-657-8387. Homeowners facing foreclosure call 800-606-4819. Apply for legal help online at or email the Housing Justice Project at


● Byrd Barr Place provides support to low-income Seattle residents, they can help pay for home energy, furnace repair, cleaning or replacement, and water utilities.

Apply online or call and request an application or request that a form be mailed to you by emailing or calling 206-812-4940.

● Multi-Service Center, their Energy Assistance Program helps households in South King County meet the financial challenges of increasing energy bills, water, and sewer bills, and may be able to provide portable AC units. All assistance is provided in one appointment for energy assistance.

Schedule an appointment by phone or online.

Make an appointment online at

Call their 24-hour appointment line at 253-517-2263.

● Utility Discount Program, provides bill assistance for income-eligible customers. Apply online or by calling 206-684-0268

● Utility Discount Program: can reduce SCL and SPU bills by 50 – 60%. Apply online at or call 206-684-0268.

● Apply for emergency financial assistance: St. Vincent de Paul (206-767-6449) or Puget Sound Energy HELP (888-225-5773).

COVID-19 Resources

For a comprehensive list of COVID-19 resources, financial and other, go here. Below are a few of the highly requested resources.

  1. General Resources: City of Seattle list of resources: hereWashington State list of resources
  2. Additional languages: Seattle Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs has COVID-19 FAQs in six languages here. Eight ASL/captioned videos about COVID-19 here.
    COVID-19 resources in Indigenous languages here.
  3. Rental assistance: Landlords cannot begin eviction proceedings until after January 15th, 2022. Call 211 for rental assistance resources in your area and register for the King County Eviction Prevention and Rental Assistance Program.
  4. Unemployment benefits: Anyone who has lost their job due to coronavirus, has reduced hours, or has had to take time off to self-quarantine or care for a sick relative (and does not get paid sick time from work) should apply for unemployment benefits with the Employment Security Division (ESD, United Way has a helpful roundup of what to do if you're suddenly unemployed here.
  5. COVID-19 and Stigma: Immigrant and refugee community leaders and organizations urge everyone to know the facts about the coronavirus, not to stigmatize individuals and families from particular groups, and to speak out against bias and harassment.
  6. Help at Home: Last, being isolated for long periods of time or not being able to get outdoors can feel miserable. Be well, take care of yourself and we can take care of each other!